Small Size: 1-1/4" (32mm) diameter cup
Large Size: 2-1/8" (54mm) diameter cup
Lightweight plastic cup sifter. 60 mesh screen bottom. Removable metal handle. Specially designed for applying powders over a stencil or other masking objects such as leaves, ferns, twigs, etc.
Crackle Glass Technique:
1. Choose your glass that will be your glass cap (recommended glass size no larger than 8"x8", clear or iridized clear works best).
2. Pick contrasting colors of glass powder or fine frit. This will make the cracks appear clearer on your piece.
3. Cut a piece of Fiberfrax fiber paper (ST-551). Cut the fiber paper an 1/8" larger than the size of your glass cap piece.
4. Lightly spray the fiber paper with water using a spray bottle.
5. Using the sifters, sift your glass powder or fine frit evenly onto the fiber paper (Tip: Rub one sifter handle against other for even spread)
6. Lightly spray water onto the powder or fine frit.
7. Allow the powder to get almost dry and gently move the fiber paper around to create cracks in the powder or fine frit.
8. Place the glass cap on top of the cracked powder or fine frit.
9. Heat the piece to a full fuse inside the kiln.
10. Clean the fiber paper off the glass using a brush and water.
11. Cold work the edges using Slumpyâ€™s CarborundumStone (ST-415) and the Diamond Sanding Pad Set (ST-DAST).
12. The powder will stick to the glass cap and give the appearance of cracked glass.
13. Slump or drape your crackled piece.
* A simple design with just a few colors works best with this technique.